CBRNE security & Counterproliferation
Research, Data, and Technology Security
Supporting research and technology organizations globally to protect their information from theft and misuse.
CRDF Global supports research institutions, universities, public sector organizations, and the private technology sector to safeguard their sensitive research, data, intellectual property, and technologies.
Sensitive information is increasingly sought by bad actors – from competitors, to criminals, to state-affiliated intelligence services. CRDF Global’s programming helps institutions develop appropriate measures and adopt best practices to protect this information.
CRDF Global helps institutions identify and safeguard areas of sensitive research by developing or enhancing policies, procedures and practices.
Our expertise includes building capacity and investing in the following areas:
- Research integrity and ethics
- Responsible science
- Personnel surety
- Know-your-collaborator due-diligence practices and investment screening
- Intellectual property protection
- Balancing open collaboration, transparency, and security
Data & Information Security
As cyber threats to information assets increase, CRDF Global supports efforts to improve cybersecurity at research and technology organizations and to advance data governance and information security.
Our focus in this area includes the following areas:
- Cyber hygiene practices for non-IT personnel
- Cyber supply chain security
- Cyber incident detection and response
Security of Advanced & Emerging Technologies
From artificial intelligence to biotechnologies to quantum computing, applications of advanced and emerging technologies have the potential to vastly improve society. However, if misused, they have the potential to significantly worsen the proliferation of weapons and pose new and significant threats to society. These advanced and emerging dual-use technologies require new governance models and approaches to security.
CRDF Global’s mission in this area includes:
- Supporting scientists and technical communities in shaping and advancing responsible guidelines for emerging technologies’ safe development and use
- Educating the global community and advancing safe uses of advanced and emerging technologies
Opportunities for Eligible Institutions
Eric Novotny, Ph.D.
Affiliated Expert, State and non-state Cyber Threats and Countermeasures, Export Controls, Academic Administration, Research Security, and Private and Public Sector Cyber Security